You always have a choice. A decision to make. A decision that is yours. The options are laid out in front of you, and you choose.
Your decision could have been one that you put too much thought and calculation into, or none at all. Weighed the pros and cons, or you may have just taken the plunge- thrown caution to the air, and taken that leap of faith. The events that unfurled are all a result of what you decided. Maybe it was the right choice. Or maybe it wasn't.
I made a choice that may or may not have been the right one. I may or may not have been selfish. But the decision is cemented now. There's no going back. I often wonder what would have happened if I had chosen otherwise? Would I be happier than before? Would it have been better than the starchy life I lead now?
To be honest, I often catch myself thinking about what-ifs. But then quickly remind myself that the truth remains unchanged and that there is no point in dwelling in what could have been. I lead my life. And you lead yours. Separately. As if they never crossed paths. As if they were never that tangled mess that they were- similar to my bunched up earphones, or the entangled ball of my grandmother's yarn.
I remember reading somewhere that, with every choice that the universe makes, there is an infinite number of alternate realities that are created, where the paths not taken unfold. This might be a load of crap, but it gives me hope that won't burn out, that perhaps in one world atleast,there would be a 'happy ever after'.
And I just enormously wish for this world to have had that reality.
I liked the possibility of an alternate reality...a reality where things went the way we wanted. I hope I get shifted there.
ReplyDeleteThe ideal world seems so much better than what we're living.
Delete