Saturday, 27 July 2013

When the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl.

She hates me. And, don't I know it.
She hated me from the moment I had first stepped into class- two years ago.

It was not like I wanted us to be best friends or something.
 I kept my distance. And she kept hating me.

Now don't take this wrong. She was not a bully or anything. Far from it actually.
She's barely 5' 5" and I easily tower over her with my 5' 7".

I went out of my way to keep her out of my eye shot.
One of my close friends in school was her ex-best friend. They had been inseparable, the first year I had been in this school. I had heard countless stories of theirs. They shared everything. Even boyfriends.
But the next summer, everything changed. Overnight they went from being practically leaches off the other's skin to scrunching their noses at the mere mention about the other. Something beeeeg had happened, but thats not my story.

Every now or then I would listen to how much she hates me from some of our common friends. I used to just push those thoughts out of my head. I could care less- she could just take all her hate and it and shove it up her ass.

We never had a proper conversation. Never.
A word or two here and there- That's the farthest we could bear breathing the same air.
She showed me the finger behind my back one day, and my best friend blew her top. There were a  truck-load few cuss words exchanged. And I had to literally drag my friend away to avert the nasty brawl we'd otherwise have had to witness.

I never hated her. She had done nothing to me.
I am far from judgmental. Being judgmental is wrong. I had learned it the hard way, and vowed to never do that again.

Whenever I passed her in the school hallways, I always smile or even put up an act to depict my happiness; I could literally see the hatred radiating off her. And this time I'm not exaggerating. And then looking at her, I don't even have to put up an act.


What puzzled me on more occasions than one, was that what would she have against me. Just why did she loathe me so much?

I thought back. I had done nothing to her. Not a single thing. But then I stop pondering over that- I have better things to do. I have a better life than hers-  I have every reason to be happy.

...This sounds like a typically high-school drama. *Shudders*
It is dramatic, indeed. But I reckon, as long as we have bitches like Harshika to grace the face of planet Earth... lets just say we'll never run out of entertainment.


1 comment:

  1. Im sorry about this post. Im sorry about wasting eight precious minutes of my life on a post about her.

    ReplyDelete

Tell you what, Ima good listener :)